Other Ways To Give
Please take note:
Our Donation Centre (where we accept gently used clothing for women and children and small household items) is now closed until September 5, 2018.
We ask that you kindly not leave donations outside as there is no one available to bring items into the building. Any items left outside will be exposed to the weather elements and result in cost to The Denise House to dispose.
If you have NEW items (toiletries, non-perishable food, etc.) please call our office to make arrangements 905-728-7311.
Thank you for your ongoing support and co-operation!
- Donate A Car – Donate A Car Canada accepts vehicle donations for The Denise House. To donate a car, truck, RV or motorcycle or other vehicle, www.donatecar.ca.
- Volunteer Your Time – Contact Us
- Donation of New Items – To donate NEW ITEMS, FOOD OR TOILETRIES, please call 905-728-7311
- Donation of Gently Used Items at our Donation Centre (455 Bond St. E.) on Wednesdays from 10 am-7 pm (info below of items we don’t accept)
OUR WISH LIST of new items:
There are a variety of ways to support The Denise House throughout the year with Everyday Needs, Special Occasion Giving and Gift Giving.
Everyday Items include:
Women’s Nightwear, Children’s Nightwear, Underwear and Bras for women, Slippers for women and children, Shampoo/Conditioner, Shaving Cream, Body Lotion, Writing Journals, Batteries, Makeup/Cover-up, Towels, Pillows, Single Size White Sheet Sets, Single Size Blankets/Comforters, Nut-Free School Snacks
Walmart, Oshawa Centre, Tim Hortons, Dairy Queen, McDonalds, Dollarama, Michaels, No Frills/Loblaws, Giant Tiger, Visa/Mastercard
Wrapping Paper, Tags, Gift Bags, Tissue Paper
New, unwrapped toys for kids of all ages
New, unwrapped gift items for women (journals, makeup, bath products, costume jewelry, puzzles, colouring books, housecoats, slippers, nightwear, throw blankets)
While we realize that many individuals and groups wish to make Christmas “the best Holiday Season ever” for one lucky family, we encourage donors to consider making it a “special Holiday Season” for several families. Not only does this help to spread the good cheer among more people, it also avoids putting a parent in the position where they cannot possibly achieve a similar level of generosity for their children in future years.
For further information please call 905-728-7311 or contact email@example.com
Items we do not accept at our Donation Centre due to Health and Safety or limited storage space:
- Second Hand Stuffed Animals
- Infant Equipment (cribs, car seats, highchairs, strollers)
- Toys that are broken or incomplete
- Large Toys such as kitchen sets, bicycles, etc.
- Computers (complete sets or pieces such as monitors)
- Clothing that is not clean, in good repair, or is out of season
- Furniture of any kind
- Appliances (fridges, stoves, washers, dryers)
- Artificial Christmas Trees
- Outdoor patio furniture
Donation Centre Hours and Location:
455 Bond Street East in Oshawa
(Between Wilson Road and Central Park Blvd.)
Wednesdays 10 am – 7 pm
* CLOSED FOR THE MONTHS OF JULY/AUGUST and DECEMBER
Impact of Your Support
The Denise House provides quality donations to women and children in need. While families reside at the shelter, if they are in need of clothing it is provided to them from our Donation Centre. As a woman is preparing to leave the shelter, if she is in need of household items, she is provided with whatever is available and needed.
Thanks to you and our community donations also help the shelter save money annually, by stocking our kitchen with dishes, cups, mugs, cutlery, toasters, kettles, etc., as well as providing us with linens and other needed items to keep the shelter fully stocked on a daily basis.
Beyond our shelter needs, we also assist families once they move on from the shelter for the first few years with clothing and household items.
The generosity of the community assists many women, both inside and outside of the shelter, to successfully rebuild their lives, free from violence.
Charitable Registration # 10796 5691 RR0001 – Sedna Women’s Shelter & Support Services Inc.